panasonic caps from digikey... no longer available??

Started by wampcat1, October 29, 2008, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wampcat1

What's the story on the panasonic ecq-v caps? many are no longer available at digikey or just out of stock??
:icon_exclaim:

John Lyons

Steve at smallbear posted about this.
They (panasonic) aren't making them anymore.
Welcome to Surfacemountville  :(

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

skiraly017

I thought Steve said it was only the poly film caps (ECQ-B series) that were being discontinued. Are the stacked metal film (ECQ-V series) being dropped as well?
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

John Lyons

I can't find the thread now...
I think it was in reference to the poly film caps.

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

skiraly017

"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

ayayay!

Yeah I thought it was just Polys.  My heart sank for a second time when I read this one, the first was Steve's original thread because I thought it meant these Ecq-v's as well.  Maybe it is.....   Oh man I hope not. 

Edit:  Aha!  The 1uf's are available about Thanksgiving.  Plug in a quantity and it should give you a date.  The .15s, for example, are in stock.  .1s are fully stocked. 

I think we'll be Okay guys!   
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

skiraly017

From a Digikey sales rep -

Thank you for contacting Digi-key on your capacitors.  I show nothing on the ECQ-V series that says it will be going obsolete.

R.G.

Supply chain management is a real bear when you're in business, isn't it?  :icon_lol:
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

analogmike

I bought 53,000 ECVB capacitors before they ran out. Should be ok for a while.
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

ayayay!

QuoteI bought 53,000 ECVB capacitors before they ran out. Should be ok for a while.

Well that oughtta get you through at least 4 more KOT builds.   :D
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

drewl

Yikes, we use hundreds of those at work so I sure hope they're still available.

wampcat1

Quote from: analogmike on October 29, 2008, 09:37:54 PM

can I buy a couple hundred from ya?

DougH

Ah, so that's why they ran out...
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

analogmike

Quote from: wampcat1 on October 30, 2008, 12:52:42 PM

can I buy a couple hundred from ya?

what value(s) do you need? small bear may still have some too.
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

smallbearelec

I bought all I could of the ECQ-B when I got notice (THAT's where they went) so I am good for awhile. As the B series get exhausted in various values, I will fill orders with the V series.

SD