Stompbox Cookbook

Started by Mike Nichting, September 22, 2003, 09:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

So I secured my own copy of the stompbox cookbook today and wondered what projects were the best to build??
I have the second edition. I don't know if that matters or not??

Are any of the distortion projects good??

Thanks all
mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

JT

Hey where did you find it...........I believe someone was looking for a donor so they can PDF the book for eveyone.There's a whole thread on it :)  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP ;)

Mike Nichting

A friend of mine had it and let me borrow it after seeing a trem that I made. I asked if I could have the book and he gave it to me :-)
Even a dog gets lucky sometimes ;-)
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".

Andy

seriousely dude, lets get that thing pdf'd so we can "pirate', er I mean back up that fine literature.
Andy

JT

Erik

I have been hunting high and low for that book for a looooooong friggin' time. If there is a eCopy floating around, someone please hook a bruthah up. needhame@pacbell.net

cheers.

Mike Nichting

I would be happy to scan and send any info that you want from the book but I'm afraid it will never leave my house~!!
It may not find it's way back :cry:  and I couldn't find another one for the life of me~!! I looked for about a week on Google.

I will see what I can do about posting the info.

Mike

Mike Nichting

There are 3 of the projects at www.moosapotamus.com and then go to cool stuff.

Steve C

I've always wanted to make the Tremelo-Matic V (Project No.36), but it looks way too scary.  It's a Vibrato and tremelo together.  I'm not sure what the difference would be?  You'd probably have to put it in a "D", or "DD" enclosure.  The PCB is huge!

afranks

Hi all-

My offer still stands, to scan and convert to PDF the whole book,
if someone can loan me their copy long enough to do the scans.
Let me know if you have a copy of the book and are willing to
loan it out.

-alan

sfr

I worked in a library for years - I don't anymore, but I still have some family that does - I'm pulling some inter-library-loan strings and may be able to get my hands on a copy - obviously i can't send that out - but can scan it all, but i know nothing about making .PDF's - I could mail you CDs with hi-res scans in .TIF or whatever, if you want to .PDF it.  Of course, this all depends on if this actually works out. . .
sent from my orbital space station.

dubs

I believe there's a free software called jaws pdf that converts anything to a pdf file. You just drop the files into it and it converts it.

ExpAnonColin

I for one would be fine with JPGs... anything!  These are nice..

-Colin

Deep Blue

So why is this book so sought-after?  Are the projects, like, totally amazing, or what?
--Deep Blue
resident newbie

Tim Escobedo

Quote from: Deep BlueSo why is this book so sought-after?  Are the projects, like, totally amazing, or what?

:lol:  :lol:

It's sought after mostly because it can't be found. At least not easily.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

The commentary is really more use than the actual effects. The fx themselves tend to contain a LOT of parts (a lot of 'buck per bang').
But the decription of various fx, circuit fragments, scope screenshots etc makes it worthwhile, in my opinion.

A.S.P.

Analogue Signal Processing