My $18 pedalboard.

Started by liddokun, November 10, 2008, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liddokun

So I've been trying to build my pedalboard for a while now, and I finally got around to finishing it last night.

Cost breakdown (approx. per item)

2x cabinet door handles-$6 (approx. 3 bucks each)
1x offcut plank of wood-$3
1x vinyl/plastic trim stuff-$3
1x sheet of felt-$6

All this not including cost of glue (carpenter's glue) which I already had, as well as the bottom rubber feet, which I already had too.

Here's the back of it....the rubber feet I already had, 2 from the bottom of a crybaby, 2 from the bottom of a spare mixing board I have.

With pedals on...I still have a few pedals I need to get.

The plastic trim stuff is a lot easier to work with, as oppose to if I used metal stuff. I could cut it with scissors.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

MusicAudio

Looks great! I remember your Fuzz Shizzle from the pictures thread. Any chance you're gonna put a power supply on your board?
I don't care much about music. What I like is sounds.
-Dizzy Gillespie

liddokun

I use a one spot daisy chain for my pedals.  I don't get any problems with noise with it, so I like it right now. But if I do, there's plenty of space in the top corners for a DC brick, maybe even 2.

Paul Marossy

liddokun

Thanks Paul. I'm still keeping my eye out for an old bass case to house it in.  Though it's a tad bit large, 3 feet by 18 inches. Might have a hard time fitting something like that.

Stratomaster

Fuzz Shizzle... That reminds me of my Faux SHO'.  :icon_lol:  I've been contemplating building myself a board too, and I think you may have just inspired me.

-Omar

drewl

That's not a pedalboard, it's a doormat ;D

liddokun

Ah, but a very nice sounding door mat.  :icon_mrgreen:

frank_p

So, you decided to go with felt instead of mat ?  Or it is the same  ??? 
Great !

liddokun

frank p, it's felt. It's a bit thinner and easier to work with.

frank_p

I did a little one that goes in my traveler's backpack.  I used it three times to bring effects at the practice studio.  It is still very heavy with all the effects on it.  I used car mat on Masonite: works well.

liddokun

Yea, mines is quite heavy too. I'm going to have a hard time finding a case for it.  There's a local guy around here that builds custom cases though for reasonable prices, might give him a shot.  I'll post a picture of his case if I happen to get one from him.

GibsonGM

What are you keeping the pedals down with, Velcro?  Nice work, that's giving me ideas!
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

liddokun

Quote from: GibsonGM on November 12, 2008, 04:15:07 PM
What are you keeping the pedals down with, Velcro?  Nice work, that's giving me ideas!

Yep, I'm using just normal velcro. Some pedals do have the industrial velcro, which sticks better, but the normal velcro from the fabric store works fine. I can hold it vertical without any problems, the wah sticks on fine too. 

I have some pictures I took while making it, nothing extensive, but I can post it if anyone's interested. I figure it's not that hard to figure out though. Buy felt, glue felt to board, add trim, add handles.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: liddokun on November 10, 2008, 07:58:46 PM
Thanks Paul. I'm still keeping my eye out for an old bass case to house it in.  Though it's a tad bit large, 3 feet by 18 inches. Might have a hard time fitting something like that.

Heck, just buy a guitar case to put it in!  It'll look like you have a backup guitar... :icon_razz: