Toner transfer for box labeling

Started by CodeMonk, November 15, 2008, 06:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpnyc23

Wow - thanks for all the details.   Much appreciated!

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

gnognofasciani

Quote from: gnognofasciani on November 17, 2008, 09:27:20 AM
Does the paint resist to the heat of the iron? I've never tried because i was worried about the paint melting!

Sorry if i quote myself...Does anybody have any suggestion about that?

Thanks
Search button is your friend

birt

colour laser works but the colors are supposed to be printed on white paper. if they are printed on other olours or in this case and enclosure, all colours (except for black) will mix with the underlying colour. trial and error until you find out what colour you need for what effect.
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

ringworm

Has anyone tried to do toner transfer with over-head projector acetates? I'm thinking it would help by not having to scrape of the paper stuck to the enclosure.

Zben3129

No need to do toner transfer with overhead acetates. Just print your image and attatch the whole thing to the enclosure and clearcoat it. You can do color this way and also no ironing needed.

Print the image reversed so it is on the inside rather than the outside.

Zach

obelix

I also want to know if anyone had done this with a painted enclosure?

David

Quote from: Zben3129 on November 23, 2008, 06:36:27 PM
No need to do toner transfer with overhead acetates. Just print your image and attatch the whole thing to the enclosure and clearcoat it. You can do color this way and also no ironing needed.

Print the image reversed so it is on the inside rather than the outside.

Zach

I'm thinking this might be too much work.  Look, Small Bear's ink jet decals require that they be sprayed with lacquer prior to application, right?  That tells me that the ink jet material holds up under lacquer.  Why not just print the transparency out right side up, fasten the thing to the metal surface (either with a layer of lacquer or perhaps a bead of some kind of adhesive around the edge of the transparency) and then lacquer it?  Boom!

Now, what I want to know is, once I have the transparency applied, how do I "drill" it?  I would think an actual bit would result in a rough hole -- at least, that was my experience with translucent labels.