Two PT2399 in series

Started by Thomeeque, November 22, 2008, 08:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomeeque

Did somebody tried it?

How did noise rise up compared to use of one PT2399 only?

Is it possible to connect VCO pins (pin 6) of both and control fs (delay time) by one pot?

(more questions to come :))

Thanks, T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

earthtonesaudio

Haven't put two in series (although I have two pt2399 based delay pedals, I've loaned one to my buddy), but I can tell you that using a dual-ganged pot would be the simplest and most hassle-free way of controlling both simultaneously. 

ForcedFire

Look at the BYOC Ping-Pong schematic in the project .pdf on his site.

sshrugg

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=71201.msg579611#msg579611

Stereo Echobase Delay.  You can use the two chips to get longer delay, or go ping pong!  Very neat.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

Thomeeque

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on November 22, 2008, 09:19:39 PM
Haven't put two in series (although I have two pt2399 based delay pedals, I've loaned one to my buddy), but I can tell you that using a dual-ganged pot would be the simplest and most hassle-free way of controlling both simultaneously. 

Of course, but if it was possible to simply conect both pins and control them by one branch, it would give you some nice advantages (e.g. if you want to modulate fs, maybe better tracking etc.), that's why I'm interested..
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Thomeeque

Thanks to all, I'll check those links!  :)