Thrown for a "loop"...

Started by lotsolowend, November 23, 2008, 11:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lotsolowend

that does seem logical, normally i just double them on the switch because it makes for a stronger bond to the switch. that shouldn't change anything though... hopefully...

sean k

This is similar, the top drawing, but without LED's and a single 4PDT (could be two DPDT's), but it does the same thing.

Below that drawing is a side on example of using a plate on a fulcrum, or hinge point, to have the two switches work together.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

lotsolowend

just got it rewired to how you drew it in the first and the switching works (just tested it, didnt bi-amp to hear quality)

i don't think im going to do the plate because there will be times where he wants them both off rather than 1 on other off (hence having two switches and the LEDs)

before i solder this incorrectly i wanted to check - the negative side of my 9v power adapter should be wired to one of the jacks? (i'm assuming inputs) but wouldn't this cause issues b/c then the jacks are linked together?

either way i think i'm in love because you got the switching working!

sean k

Um, good question, very good question. I'm not sure about where the best place would be because everythings kinda isolated from each other and an power earth would automatically link them up.

Maybe switch the pole positions of the in/out earths and the S/R earths and use the S/R earth as the connection to battery negative. I think that'll work. And then everythings running on 9V... yup, that should work out ok, after all an LED doesn't care that it's connected to the earth it's being used to indicate... it just needs to earth.
Monkey see, monkey do.

lotsolowend

oddly enough, for some reason the LED pole and the S/R pole were linked in the switches bypass mode and since the S/R were isolated grounds but went to both switches i just linked the 9v- to the send ground and it works beautifully

thanks so much for the help, i'll post finished pictures tomorrow

also - i shouldve got a stronger resistor for those LEDs, it think i burned my retina...

lotsolowend

finished product - works great

i have the final schem i used if anyone needs

sean k

Well done!

I'm hoping to build mine today though I'll be using it to switch an fx loop from between an output of a mixer and the amp and and the return/send of that mixer. Handy little box.
Monkey see, monkey do.