Ti 4069 in Morley Wah, so why not MXR Filter????

Started by chicago_mike, November 24, 2008, 03:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicago_mike

Yeah another "my mxr filter aint filterin thread." :icon_mrgreen:

But, I also have a Morley Dual Bass Wah, and this has a Ti 4069!, The venerable no-no in the mxr filter..

so, something is up with the build of th mxr clone I think.  Ill check voltages in a minute here.

Here PIN 8 goes to : 1M resistor and a .047 cap. Cap goes to ground. PIN 8 also leads to 2 - 15K in parallel I think and those go to 2N4401's. The base is connected to the resistor. Looks like they drive LEDs????????

PIN12 goes to a 1N4148 wich connects to a 4.7uf electrolytic and goes to ground.  Before the cap it also ties to a 47k, wich goes to a wah off delay trim pot. Looks like the other 2 get shorted to ground?????  1M trimpot.

PINS 1 - 3 - 5 - 7  all connect to a 1uf electro and a 10k in parallel. They seem to go to a pair of 470K's and these go to the middle lead of a 2n5484.

PIN 13 goes to a 4.7k and then to a photocell.

PIN14 goes to other side of resistor on PIN 16, then goes to a 6.8, this ends up on an led for on-off, this also drives the LED that triggers the photocell.

PIN 10  seems to have no connection. Interesting maybe??

PINS 2 - 4 - 6 seem to have no connection.  At least I dont see any traces.

Theres a few more connections and a TL074 also a ti to deal with, but the tl mostly goes to filter caps I think. These values are, .0068, .0022, .01

Anyways, I have piccies that I can email, pm me. 2 things I want to do / try.

1. Mod my morley for more of a honking wah, its a little scooped sounding to me.

2. Figure out what, or how they are using a TI 4069. what should I check and what pins?

Thanks all. :icon_smile:

chicago_mike

Okay, so morley did post a schematic on thier site for the dual bass wah, the funk and regualr wah caps are .0022, and the .01

smaller values will raise the filter, but will it decrease bass responce or is this in a seperate section?

I apologize for being such a noob. :icon_redface: :icon_rolleyes: