strange reverb tank I got

Started by mitzrecords, December 02, 2008, 02:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitzrecords

Hi, everyone. I just got a reverb tank from a friend of mine.
It is Gibbs  AO-23580-4 from Hammond organ1961. by input, it says "D".

so I measured the DC resistance which is like 0.4ohms. and output DC resistance is 41ohms. according to the impedance chart on accustronics site, input is like half of A 10ohms but output is A 600ohms. is it normal like this?
i googled model number and search here but no result.

Is this usable for Stage center reverb??

thanx :D

Mark Hammer

I suspect you'd probably want to score a matchng transformer to make it work.  You can probably still get one of those 1.5k:8R matching transformers at Radio Shack/The Source.  That way the driver stage thinks it's feeding a 1.5k load, andf the 8R side provides a nice match to the input of the tank.

Johan

if you have acces to a signalgenerator, put a small resistor in series with the primary. put signal across and measure the voltagedrop across each, then you can calculate the Z.. the actual impedance isn't neceseraly anywhere near the DC-resistance

j
DON'T PANIC

mitzrecords

Quote from: Mark Hammer on December 02, 2008, 01:10:32 PM
I suspect you'd probably want to score a matchng transformer to make it work.  You can probably still get one of those 1.5k:8R matching transformers at Radio Shack/The Source.  That way the driver stage thinks it's feeding a 1.5k load, andf the 8R side provides a nice match to the input of the tank.

thanks mark. im sorry. i never used transformer :icon_redface: so output transformer im looking for right? I just googled 1.5k 8r transformer but not really anything came up.

what do i search? if you dont mind is there any good reading on this thing?

thanx :icon_redface: ???

mitzrecords

thanx Johan.

ya I need to study seriously about this. im still a big newbie :icon_redface:
i seem to need step by step so if someone can point out where to read stuff. would be great. i feel bad asking step by step advice. it takes so much time of yours. :icon_redface:

Mark Hammer