News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Tiny rivets?

Started by Solidhex, December 04, 2008, 02:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solidhex

Yo

Does anyone know where to get really small rivets? I have these "AA" battery holders same as the ones you see in the old Maestro Fz-1a fuzzes. Here's a link: http://www.keyelco.com/pdfs/p16.pdf
  They attach with these really small rivets. The smallest I have been able to find are 1/8 blind rivets. From measuring the holes it seems to be 3/32 in diameter and the rivets look like solid "brazier" head style rivets not blind rivets. Does anyone know where to get these and the tools needed to attach them?

--Brad

The Iron Chef

Brad,  I Googled your description of Brazier head rivets and got many hits on sources for small rivets.  Are you planning to mount the holder to a board or wall of an enclosure perhaps?   I'm not familiar with the pedal that you referenced.   PM me if you don't find anything
-Keith
-Keith
I build stuff everyday.

SonicVI

Quote from: Solidhex on December 04, 2008, 02:03:09 AM
Yo

Does anyone know where to get really small rivets? I have these "AA" battery holders same as the ones you see in the old Maestro Fz-1a fuzzes. Here's a link: http://www.keyelco.com/pdfs/p16.pdf
  They attach with these really small rivets. The smallest I have been able to find are 1/8 blind rivets. From measuring the holes it seems to be 3/32 in diameter and the rivets look like solid "brazier" head style rivets not blind rivets. Does anyone know where to get these and the tools needed to attach them?

--Brad

forget rivets, just use 3M double sided foam tape, the gray stuff. It's easy to use and holds just about anything to anything.

Solidhex

Yo

Thanks dudes. A friend referred me to the perfect place. Check it out: www.mcmaster.com . I actually found blind rivets in that size there and the rivet gun to go with it.

--Brad

earthtonesaudio

McMaster-Carr is awesome.  Looking for an obscure part?  Not only do they have the exact thing you need, they have it in aluminum, brass, copper, nylon, teflon, pvc, granite, rock candy...