Small Bear Small Wart 200

Started by Greg M., December 07, 2008, 10:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

I wonder if you can daisy chain extra outputs and have yourself a good pedalboard power supply?  The website does say:  "The Small-Wart 200 incorporates a flat-pack transformer that can deliver over 200 ma.--easily enough to power a board full of pedals" but what I'm wondering is whether anyone has done it and if the enclosure can handle any more outputs.  If so, how many?

I was considering buying this thing and adding a few outputs like they suggest at GGG.com with their power supplies?  Small Bear's would be less expensive than the brand name power supplies even if you had to buy two of them to get a board powered.

Anyone have any experience with this power supply or any other advice?  Thanks in advance.

petemoore

It appears to be 1x regulated and filtered 9vdc or <9vdc supply, rated for 200ma. output.
    "The Small-Wart 200 incorporates a flat-pack transformer that can deliver over 200 ma.--easily enough to power a board full of pedals" but what I'm wondering is whether anyone has done it and if the enclosure can handle any more outputs.  If so, how many?
  It appears that the jacks could be mounted at the same height as the DC jack, 8 easy, but wouldn't a daisy chain be easier ?
  See 'the Spyder' [at GEO] for a power supply which requires individual output jacks to lift ground loops.
  Power consumption can be estimated pretty quickly because it will probaby figure a good bit lower than the rated output, if there's not a row of digital pedals.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smallbearelec

It has been done, and I remember seeing a pic of the result in an earlier thread. There is room on the side walls to mount additional jacks.