Celestion V30 simulator

Started by ech0es, December 16, 2008, 05:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixr1984

I have an unverified layout, I will post it and the transfer later tonight.

fixr1984

As stated this layout has not been tested. If you see any mistakes let me know and I will correct them.
Also if you build it please let us know how it works.

meffcio

What are the dimmensions of the board?
And btw. - how do you print a board in the correct diameters when you only have a jpg, not pdf version?

fixr1984

I believe its 2.5" x 1.5"
I have a weird way of printing my layouts. First I resize the image till its the right size on my screen,
I use a DIP8 socket for comparisson. Then I measure the image on the screen. When printing I print
to the dimension that I just measured. After printing I again use my socket to check spacing and correct
the dimension if necessary. Silly I know but it works for me.

hubble

fixr1984

I am in the process of verifying this layout. I have found one mistake for sure on the layout.
I have to do a quick change and test it out some more. If everything works out I will post the new
layout and transfer.

fixr1984

I was recently asked for my working layout. Here is the one I used.

TurbineX-2000

Is a 15 volt power supply needed for this device to work properly,or would a 9 volt One Spot power supply work? What pots are needed for this project,and what are the hookup points on the board? Also how are the input and output jacks hooked up? Thanks.

fixr1984

You would need a bi polar power supply for this.  There are no pots.  Just connect the input wire to the tip connection of the input jack and the output wire to the tip connection of the output jack.

As a side note has anyone else made this with good results?  I've had this built and sitting on the shelf for quite a while now and finally got around to trying it out.  I plan to give it a try this Thursday thru the band PA to see how it works.  I plan to put it between my pedal board and the mixer and see if it would work in a pinch if I have amp problems at a gig.

inkehl

This link appears to be dead http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9830/v30originalkh2.jpg

If anyone has a copy of it or a working link that would be great :D

J0K3RX

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!