interesting pedal

Started by 23, December 20, 2008, 04:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subject> interesting feed back loop
member> caress

Would this feedback loop he has drawn be anything similar to the AUDIBLE DISEASE RUPTURE 1

the AD rupture has a send/return for connecting other pedals, and an input/output just trying to find a starting point to clone this pedal. check it out...

http://www.effectpedals.us/

Im not exactly good with computers so sorry I just couldnt cut and paste or repost the original post by caress........

put it together, now take it apart

bumblebee

Yeah this pedal is easy to build.

Feedback loop, LDR and a pot for intensity, pretty simple,  you can look on the devi ever forums because there's a similar pedal diagram there. Its basically the same pedal, you can easilt modify it to your liking anyways.
Here's the link:LINK
And the diagram:

thanks a million bumblebee..............next pedal up :icon_twisted:

bumblebee

Glad to help, FDBK loopers are fun projects to build and play.

got a question, will the positive end of the LED supply the voltage to the circuit?
and are all the jacks mono?

Quote from: 23 on December 20, 2008, 06:49:50 PM
got a question, will the positive end of the LED supply the voltage to the circuit?
and are all the jacks mono?
or can I just use the usual pedal wraper for it?

bumblebee

Its a passive circuit so no voltage is needed, besides to power the LED which is minimul. Use a stereo jack for the input so it turns the LED on and off when you disconnect.

thanks again bee, Im excited about this one :icon_biggrin:

aloupos

Just be careful with the volume levels -- with this design a cascading delay or other modulation source can get very loud very fast.  You may want to put a pair of opposite facing diodes in parallel with the output [hard clipping] to attenuate. 

caress

took me a minute to figure out what you were trying to say...

this thread:  http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72204.msg583479#msg583479

honestly, i have no idea what that little circuit i drew is doing.  it was an add on to the end of a fuzz circuit...  what the transistor is doing (if anything at all!) is a mystery to me, but it's not the same sound as a regular feedback loop like the one you posted.

edit: 

the 1M pot should be around 4.5-5v on the transistor side for pretty interesting stuff, although it works on the whole rotation...
not really sure what is happening here, but it's pretty disgusting.

thanks for the heads up. I tend to start with volume off anyways and then adjust. never know when a pedal is going to be ear drum busting loud. the red llama clone i built seems to be at least twice as loud as other pedals........

anyone got any info on how to implement JOYSTICKS into pedals al la devi ever?  (dream mangler)

caress

just buy one and wire it up as you would two separate pots.  simple...
they look like this

for example:  wire the x axis to the "fuzz" control and the y axis to a "starve" control for some fun on a fuzz...

someone explain how to ground the input/output and the send/return.
the 9v used to power the led would be grounded on the input right. or is a 9v overkill?
I can handle wrapping a circuit that just has an end and out... just having some problems getting my mind around this, i know its simpler than what Im coming up with.
Funny.. cant get it into my head how to do this simple circuit...

cloudscapes

feedback loopers are great for those rainy days where you have this urge to make a quick pedal (and decorate it and stuff) but dont want to spend hours prototyping something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}