Which are the Echobase verified mods?

Started by gigimarga, December 28, 2008, 11:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigimarga

Hello,

I will build as soon as possible an Echobase (thx a lot slacker for share it with us).
I've read some posts about it in which are suggested some mods for it (Waveshape, blending, etc.), but it wasn't very clear for me which are verified and which are not (my poor English could be a cause...).

So, can you post here the mods that are verified and works good?

Thx a lot all!

cpm

the circuit is not as big as it seem so you can breadboard it and test every mod and tune to taste. It will be fun too.

gigimarga

i don't have a breadboard :D...i prefer to build (and to mod) anything straight on a PCB because i found here somebody which made me good PCBs at 2-3$ (by the way, here a breadboard can be over 50$)...i asked this because i can't find here PT2399 and i was enough idiot to buy only one from smallbearelec :(

cpm

Quote from: gigimarga on December 29, 2008, 08:07:06 AM
i don't have a breadboard :D...i prefer to build (and to mod) anything straight on a PCB because i found here somebody which made me good PCBs at 2-3$ (by the way, here a breadboard can be over 50$)...i asked this because i can't find here PT2399 and i was enough idiot to buy only one from smallbearelec :(

ouch! where are you from?
i bought some breadboard modules at futurlec for a good price

gigimarga

I've finished tonight the Echobase and it sounds amazing (thx a lot slacker!!!).

I made only one mod, the "Waveshape mod" (http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60662.100), but it's not clear for me what's for (i didn't hear almost any difference when i turn the pot).

I want to put a Modulation on/off switch (http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60662.320),  but can anybody explain me what's for?

And the last question: which are the differences between boss and tails styles (i tested it at a very low level, so it's possible not to hear very clear)?

Thx a lot all!!

gigimarga

I've re-read carefully the topic and now's clear what are the differences between Boss and tails style.

What about the Waveshape pot and Modulation on/off switch?

cpm

"modulation on/off" is self explanatory.
"waveshape" changes how the modulation is shifted, it says, triangle to square wave

gigimarga

1. If the modulation is off, the delay is still working (maybe an idiot question, but that's me...)?
2. Ok, but how the "waveshape" changes the sound (maybe i am deaf, but on my settings i can't hear certain changes)?

Thx a lot cpm!

Radamus

The modulation, as I understand it, has to do more with changing up the way the delay works, but the delay should still function without it. Otherwise, why would you ever turn it off?

cpm

modulation here is changing the delay time up and down, like when you move the pot on a standard delay. This produces a pitch shift that mixed with clean signal makes a chorus or flanger effect.

gigimarga