Tremulus Lune [need some HELP]

Started by FuzzAldrin, December 29, 2008, 01:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzAldrin

I built the trem lune form the fuzzcentral layout. I included the ramp mod, everything else is stock.

The Rate LED blinks and changes when one of the pots is turned.
Bypasses fine

Using the Silonex NSL-32 photocoupler from smallbear. Some threads I have read point to this as being the problem. I THINK I got it in there right. Im not so sure though.
Here is a picture of what I got ...  http://www.banzaieffects.com/files/images_detailed/d_14759.gif

With my homemade audio probe, Im getting thumping signals at IC 1 pins 1,2,6 and 7. I get some more signals elsewhere, too.

I have my photocoupler soldered down so that when you look at the board  the small leads are on the left, where it says LED on  the fuzzcentral site http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/tremulus/tremuluslayout.gif
and the longer legs go to CDS LDR.

Can anyone help? I think Im close to getting it to function.
Thank You

FuzzAldrin

Flipped the LDR around and bingo, I have tremolo.

BUT, there is a HUGE throbbing Thumping sound when the LFO cycles. I THINK I know how to fix this.
On fuzzcentrals site it says "The first thing that I noticed was a loud "popping" as the LFO cycled. I soldered a 0.001µF capacitor across the trimpot and added a 100µF capacitor from V+ to ground. These two simple additions to the circuit completely solved the problem"

My 2 questions now are:

1. Soldering a .001uf cap across the trimpot means soldering it to legs 1 & 3, right? Not all the legs, correct?
2. V+ to ground...  where is that on the schematic? I see 3 9V's...does it matter?

PerroGrande

1. Yes -- the trim pot would span the "outside" legs -- 1 & 3.

2. Yes -- any V+ location to ground will work.

FuzzAldrin

did those changes, and it didnt do anything. Still have a trem, but the lfo oscillation is making this useless. The trem is also weaker sounding than I thought it would be.
any ideas?

BUMP

oskar