tremulus problems

Started by 1878, December 29, 2008, 08:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oskar

I guess this will take a while to fix.
1. The voltage on IC1 pin 3 and 5 is supposed to be 4.5V
2. The LFO is not working.
These could be separate errors. The IC's are both fed correct supply voltages ( pin 4,8 ) And there should be no other link between Vb and the LFO IC other than ground and V+ ( 9V )
The LED you found and corrected. 1 error down, at least one to go.     :)

Vb is a reference voltage generated in the top left part of the circuit (two 100k resistors and a cap) and is supposed to be 4.5V.
Your is low ( same as IC1 pin 3 and 5 ). It could be wrong component value in one of the 100k resistors or the cap could be turned the wrong way. Yes it has two poles and the positive should be facing the resistors and the negative ground.

Heehee... I'm a nightmare aren't I.

Just checked again. All polarised caps are correctly orientated and the correct value. The only other thing I can think of is a different topic I posted a while back:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72149.0

Is this correct ?? If it's incorrect, would it affect things in a major way ?? Personally, I think I've recieved a duff board, or more likely, damaged it in some way.

Thanks again.

oskar

The link "what to do..." I posted earlier asks a lot of questions such as "Have you done any modifications?" and "Did you use sockets?"
Have you?... Did you?
If you have... as is suggested in the last link. I should know about it. I'm not going to assist you with any modifications until the basic unit is working as it should. Step by step... The circuit is made up of two basic blocks. None of them are working. We'll fix them one at a time.
Most likely error is your soldering. Definitely.

I didn't ask you to assist me with any modifications. I asked if the modification I'd performed, if performed incorrectly, would be affecting the basic circuit in an adverse manner. I've also (with a bit of prompting) followed the directions in the debugging link. The only thing you mentioned in the previous reply that I haven't told you about is that yes, I have used sockets for the ic's. I've also replaced the ic's and polarised caps in the vain hope one of them was causing the problem.

I'll go back over the soldering again. I've checked all the traces and solder points under the magnifying glass of my helper & none of them are touching/bridging. There are no stray wires touching parts of the circuit which they shouldn't be either. I'll leave it alone over the weekend and come back to it with a clear head on Monday.

Thanks again.