For those who have been asking for a schematic of The Dub Machine here it is:

The Dub Machine Schematic

I'll try to have some samples up soon.

Andrew

frequencycentral

Quote from: The Tone God on January 06, 2009, 05:57:03 PM
Quote from: flo on January 06, 2009, 05:02:30 PM
He Andrew, nice "dub machine"!  8)
Can you perhaps give a description of the features/knobs/switches/footswitches?

Thanks. Okay then.

On top from left to right is:

Out: Final signal output
Output phase switch: Locking switch that flips the phase of the final output depending on the delay's output.
Delay loop phase switch: Locking switch that flips the phase of the delay loop depending on the delay's output. Some delays flip the phase on their output so the phase needs to be flipped back in order for the external loop to work. These are usually set and forget switches hence the locking actuators.
Power switch: Controls power to both the Dub Machine and the external delay. Since this is going on a pedal board I don't want to bother with unplugging things. A master power switch works for me.
Power Jack: Power output for the external delay. Power comes from the internal AA batteries and is controlled by the power switch.
In: Guitar input

Footswitches from left to right:

Kill: Momentary switch that mutes the repeat return signal reducing trails in long delays or pulls back the repeating signal when repeats are feeding back. Handy and fun.
Repeat: Switches between the two repeat settings.
Background: Disconnects the input signal from the delay and remixes the input signal with the delay's final output allowing the playing over trailing repeats without adding to the repeating signal. The Yellow LED tells you when it is engaged.
Bypass: Total effect bypass. You leave the external delay pedal engaged at all times. Now you get true bypass even when the delay is not as in the case of the PB&J.

Knobs from left to right:

Kill Rate: Controls have much the repeat signal is reduced when the Kill switch is engaged.
Repeat 1+2: Switchable repeat controls allow two settings of repeat level. The red and green LEDs below indicate which control is engaged. Both LEDs are off when the effect is bypassed. The range is from one repeat to self feedback.
Tone: Control that rolls off the high end of the repeats to give a more tape-like sound.

Send and return are the input and output to the delay.

This give delays sound abilities like those found in tape delay that are used in music like dub reggae hence the name Dub Machine.

Andrew
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

The Tone God

Hehe...I guess I should add a pic too:

Andrew

orangetones

Awesome!  Thanks for this.    I love the sound of the Dirty Mary this is based on.  Very cool addition.  Now just to make myself a layout for it....

stobiepole

Oh man...this is just what I need to run my trusty old PDS8000 through...

I'll get a PCB done soon, and maybe Paul can be persuaded to bring gaussmarkov.net out of semi-retirement (his stuff is currently all packed away until he's in his new place, which is still a few months away).

Chris

jan007magic

can you post the parts list.. :)) ^_^ and maybe a sample video.. ^^

The Tone God

Quote from: jan007magic on October 19, 2011, 12:31:40 AM
can you post the parts list.. :)) ^_^ and maybe a sample video.. ^^

Wow almost 2.5 years. Never did a parts list so you can just go through the schematic and add things up. A video is unlikely since the Dub Machine has changed quite a bit from that version.

Andrew

thanal9999

I find the concept of the dub machine very intresting and I wish to build it.
But I cannot find any sound clips or video footage about how it sounds... Is there any out there...?