Where can I find tiny pots???

Started by mikemaddux, January 10, 2009, 01:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemaddux

I need something panel mount smaller than 16mm.

Ive seen people using 9mm, i believe.

Ive used the search function and cant find PART NUMBERS...

Ive searched all the usual phone book catalogs and asked my local electronics store guy and came up with no luck.

Anyone wanna help me out with a supplier's part numbers for 100k and 10k.

What do the back of these posts look like? connections? (anyone got a gutshot or a pic of the component by itself)

Thanks guys!
Completed Builds: A lot...

mikemaddux

mikemaddux

Nitefly182

Youre looking for the same pots that ZVex uses I assume. They are the Alpha 9mm pots and they only come in PCB mount packages but you can tack leads to them no problem. They are available from mouser and smallbear.

These should be right but I haven't bought them before so I cant say for sure if theyre exactly the right parts.

10k: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=m9SgErQT%2fEbOJLyn8rFRKQ%3d%3d
100k: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=ixFxTbonyOLm%252bMV%2fTSodJQ%3d%3d

mikemaddux

Thanks Nitefly...Im not looking for "zvex" pots, just pots for my latest 1590a builds.

danielzink

Here's a shot of the backs of the pots.

I've tried sourcing them as well - but I always go back to SmallBear as they have the most comprehensive assortment of 9mm's that I've found - anywhere.

HTH, Dan

bumblebee

Does regular knobs fit the 9mm pots fine? I vaguely remember having a problem once when I used one.

smallbearelec

Quote from: bumblebee on January 10, 2009, 04:05:27 PM
Does regular knobs fit the 9mm pots fine?

The ones I carry all have 1/4" diameter, smooth full-round shafts.
SD

bumblebee

puretube

Quote from: mikemaddux on January 10, 2009, 03:16:58 AM
Oh ya, and tube sockets....

Go NAMM, and ask the guy in the middle of your avatar pic....  :icon_wink:

mikemaddux

Im planning on trying to find some sources for parts at NAMM. 

The problem with that is I wouldnt know if im getting a good deal or ripped off b/c I dont know how much they cost normally.

But great idea though...

burdt

i have some 9mm pots i removed from a broken four track.  they all work.  100k linear and 10k log, antilog and linear.  PM if you're interested in trading or buying them.
HUBRIS

burdt

HUBRIS