Stereo Dual Pedal

Started by bracaglia, January 10, 2009, 07:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bracaglia

I am bulding  DUAL PEDAL  2 in one box  an overdrive  and compressor for a keyboard player . It has to be in stereo  so 2 ins 2 outs . I figured i have to use 4 boards 2 for the overdrive 2 for the compressor . I have a few questions on the pots  do i have to use dual pots or stereo pots  , where each board gets hooked up to top and bottm of each or can you use a normal pot  and hook both boards to it? I have a feeling i might be missing something here  as i plan to wire my switches as normal  , if anyone can chime in please do  thanks.

oskar

Quote from: bracaglia on January 10, 2009, 07:49:29 AM
I am bulding  DUAL PEDAL  2 in one box  an overdrive  and compressor for a keyboard player . It has to be in stereo  so 2 ins 2 outs . I figured i have to use 4 boards 2 for the overdrive 2 for the compressor . I have a few questions on the pots  do i have to use dual pots or stereo pots  , where each board gets hooked up to top and bottm of each or can you use a normal pot  and hook both boards to it? I have a feeling i might be missing something here  as i plan to wire my switches as normal  , if anyone can chime in please do  thanks.
The quick answer to your question is that you must use dual ganged pots to keep the signals separate. You must off course keep the two signals separate all the way through the sound chain. However, some pots are used to create control voltages and don't need to be duplicated for stereo use, but this is most likely not the case for you.