Vox Repeater rate indicating LED. Anyone know how?

Started by ringworm, January 11, 2009, 05:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ringworm

Anyone know how to put a rate indicating LED on the vox repeater? Can't find anything in searches.
Here's the schem

oskar

ringworm

So, would the addition of your schematic adjustment past Q3 (the transistor near the output on the repeater schematic) function in the same way on the Repeater? Like this?

I should say, I don't have a breadboard to test it out and this is my first adjustment to a  tested schematic and my understanding of electronics is newbness itself!

oskar

I've never seen the repeater schematic and just guessed from there being an LFO'ish thing to the left and from the name, it was some sort of tremolo. The LED add on is evesdropping on a voltage anywhere you want but in this case you want to stick it somewhere in the LFO, like on C2 positive side.
C2 - big resistor (>100k ) - base of new transistor

ringworm

That's great, thanks Oskar. I'm thinking I'm gonna need to get a breadboard kit, this might take me a little more work to figure out.

oskar

The resistor values are starting points. If you're running this from a barrery you may want to limit the LED current. Make the 1k resistor bigger. Perhaps 10k.
Do you have more info on the repeater? Links?     :)

ringworm

I plan on running it from a power supply. The only extensive thread on it is this one:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=38473.0
there is a corrected and (as far as i can tell) verified schematic on the 3rd or last page (posted by theehman), I've never found any layouts, gutshots or other extensive info on it.

oskar

That LFO just looks so weird...  ???
I wish you all the luck in the world. Ps. Don't hook up the LED until you have the rest of it working.

ringworm

Will do Oskar. Cheers for the input  I may post back in this thread if I get it working ;D