Tonepad small stone developed a ticking problem

Started by studiostud, January 19, 2009, 08:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studiostud

Hello,

I built a small stone about 6 months ago and have been using it without problem up until now.  I needed to take the circuit and rehouse it a different enclosure.  I didn't do anything to the circuit except replace the offboard wiring.  I used the tonepad layout with all parts listed including the .1uF cap at Ca and 47uF at Cb.  The circuit worked great with zero ticking before and so I can't figure out what the problem is.  I have triple checked the 4 offboard wire pads on the circuit and any surrounding pads that could have developed a short or bridge and came up with nothing.  and actually, I went over the whole thing and checked all the pads just in case too.  Any ideas?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

bpier

Hi. Does the LFO produce this tick ? In this case, you can put a 1uF cap film on the pins 2 & 3 of the IC5. On mine, this solution resolved the problem.
Pierre