News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

overdrive

Started by 1878, January 25, 2009, 05:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello Everyone.

I need an overdrive. I'm currently using a double muff after my higher gain effects to colour or boost, but it just doesn't seem to cut it. I'd also like to start using overdrive to colour my clean tones. I've been thinking about a Valvecaster, but from what I can gather, there's not much gain/saturation involved, is it more of a clean boost ??

So, does anyone know of a nice overdrive build ?? I'm not really looking for anything too complex, but I'll build it if it's worth it.

Thanks.

Cardboard Tube Samurai

DOD OD250 or the Grace Overdrive. I think the Grace is my favourite and has the lowest parts count. Really simple build

Der Groovemeister

"What do you mean, dynamics? I'm already playing as loud as i can!"

frequencycentral

The Valvecaster cetainly is not a clean boost! Recommended by thousands - every home should have one. And build a Pentaboost into the same box to drive it even harder.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

orangetones

LTD Silver is my new favourite!

captntasty

+1 Valvecaster +1 Barber LTD
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ripdivot

The Skreddy Screwdriver, Barber LTD and the Zen Drive are my favorites lately. I really like the touch sesitivity of the Screwdriver though.

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I'll go with the Valvecaster. From what I've read, there's a lot of 'warmth' in it's sound, and that's what I'm after. I've got most of the parts lying around too. I'll order myself a valve and a socket tonight.

Thanks again.

Gila_Crisis

I built myself a zendrive a while ago and i love it, much better than a tubescreamer