1590a Drilling Layout

Started by bassplaya12, January 29, 2009, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassplaya12

Im putting a BYOC confidence booster in a 1590a enclosure and was just wondering if anyone had first off done this? And second if anyone has a template for drilling it? I just need one volume pot, input, output, stompswitch, dc power jack, and an led.  It seems like a lot to fit into this box but I think I can do it.  Can anyone help on this? Thanks

mth5044

your better off getting the dimensions off of PPP or wherever and making a cardboard box out of it. Then fit the components into the mockenclosure. Then you can just use that as a template.

bean

Here ya go. You may have to size it up 2-3%. I haven't tested it yet....did this one a while ago.

solderman

Hi
Here is a drilling layout for the 1590A encluser. To fit the usual and one pot will be no problem at all. you have 60x30 mm PCB space to play with as long as you stick to components that do not reach higher than 10 mm including the PCB. Use 12 mm puts if you only need one or two 9mm it you need 3 or more. Mini switches. With carfully planning an patients you will be able to build nearly everyting in to those boxes. My last build is a Rebote Delay.

The Copycat Delay

Good luck
\\Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Fuzz Aldryn

Woooohooo, another great Solderman work!:) But hey, what are the jacks you're using? Looks like they are not that high as common jacks?

solderman

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on January 30, 2009, 05:10:08 PM
Woooohooo, another great Solderman work!:) But hey, what are the jacks you're using? Looks like they are not that high as common jacks?

Thx a lot.
The jacks are standard jacks for PCB mount. I have cut the solder legs of and drilled holes for hookup wire on the connectors. Sometimes things will not fit. Then you have to make them fit. Then is the time for Mr Dremel to step forward to do his thing. Mr Dremel is very persuasive. ;D

www.soldersound.com

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: solderman on January 30, 2009, 05:19:45 PM

Thx a lot.
The jacks are standard jacks for PCB mount. I have cut the solder legs of and drilled holes for hookup wire on the connectors. Sometimes things will not fit. Then you have to make them fit. Then is the time for Mr Dremel to step forward to do his thing. Mr Dremel is very persuasive. ;D

You mean something like this: http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p1128_6-3mm-Klinkenbuchse-Kunststoffmutter-Mono--Loetanschluesse.html or this: http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php/cPath/50_22_24/products_id/1105?osCsid=5cf71986c14c5486d16a057c446ec897 ?

solderman

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on January 31, 2009, 06:53:24 AM
Quote from: solderman on January 30, 2009, 05:19:45 PM

Thx a lot.

You mean something like this: http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p1128_6-3mm-Klinkenbuchse-Kunststoffmutter-Mono--Loetanschluesse.html or this: http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php/cPath/50_22_24/products_id/1105?osCsid=5cf71986c14c5486d16a057c446ec897 ?

Hi
Yes Correct

www.soldersound.com

bassplaya12

Quote from: bean on January 30, 2009, 03:49:28 AM
Here ya go. You may have to size it up 2-3%. I haven't tested it yet....did this one a while ago.

I ended up using this layout for at least the top.  Thanks Bean!  I needed to scale it down a bit though.  I believe it was about 66% vertical and 71% horizontal.  Since my board fits very snugly I had to kind of wing the rest of the drill spots.  Ill post pics as soon as Ive got it finished.  Thanks guys!   ;D

bean

Sorry, I forgot to mention....the image should be printed at 150 dpi. If you set it as that then it comes out correct, although as I said before you might have to scale it UP a couple percent.

D'oh.

bassplaya12

:icon_lol:  I figured it out so its all good with me.  I had to wing the sides due to overly large jacks and such, but I think ive got it pretty good.  Assuming all goes well ill try to have some pics tomm to show.