Trem Lune Modding

Started by GibsonGM, February 03, 2009, 07:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GibsonGM

I'm thinking of throwing a deep mid-cut circuit into the Trem Lune, so when played with distortion it gives that nice tinny Animals "Don't Bring Me Down" kind of sound (anyone for the classics? lol).  Anyone have a thought on what part of the circuit I should place that into? It would probably be a simple BMP tone control, hard wired to a toggle.  Would have to up the gain somewhere too, most likely...I can do this before or after the trem with its own buffer & booster, but think it might be easier to incorporate it...
Thanks!
Mike
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

ianmgull

Hey Mike, I just built a TL myself. Are you using the tonepad layout? If so I found that I have more than enough additional gain just playing with the trimpot. If you're not using the tonepad layout, this is just the feedback resistor on the output buffer in the audio path. I imagine you could just put the tone stack immediately before this as well, but I'm probably not the best person to ask about that.

GibsonGM

Sounds good, Ian. I'm going to use the TP layout, yeah, they are convenient!  I'll probably have a toggle to throw the stack in, and use part of it to change the resistance on the feedback resistor to go back to 'unity', keep things 'the same', you know? 
I'll mess with it and see if it interferes with anything, but it should work...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...