Series or Parallel Delay

Started by SISKO, February 06, 2009, 11:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SISKO

I'm working on a delay project. It has basically two delay unit, and it cross my mind whether i should put them in series or parallel.
Both of them would have its own Time/Level/Feedback, and if they would be in series id put a general feedback so i would double the delay time.

I looking for something like multitaps o rhythmic delays, and (if i could, in series) some lounger delays.
So, what do you think? Does anyone ever played with this idea (series vs parallel)?
--Is there any body out there??--

flo

Sure. Its great to have that flexibility. When building something make sure to keep it flexible (modular) so that you can set it up in which ever manner you want.

daverdave

I made a friend a delay with 2 rebote-2 circuits in it, I had a switch to go between series and parallel for flexibility, it sounded really good.

ianmgull

Running two delays in series is nice if you just want that "blurry" wall of sound. I prefer parallel. I recently put two line 6 echo park delays in parallel along with a reverb and was very pleased with the results. If you've never tried much parallel processing I highly recommend it.

Radamus

Check out the stereo echobase: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=71201.0  It uses two pt2399 chips to create stereo options as well as one extra long delay. It's all one unit, though. I'm not sure that's what you wanted.

StephenGiles

I built a Yamaha E1010 delay which uses 4 MN 3005 BBDs. I took separate outputs from each BBD and mixed them with on/off switches in order to get different combinations of echo. I always preferred 3 & 4 on, then it gave a similar echo to that used by Hank marvin in the early days.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

dr

Stephen-thats one I'd love to try building!....any chance of me getting notes on yours?....Thanks!..............dr

SISKO

Stephen, does de MN3005 run in series?
I think ill do it series since i can have longer delays and i cant see the diference in multiaps whether they run in series or parallel  :icon_wink:
--Is there any body out there??--