Started by cathexis, February 13, 2009, 04:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtlives

Make it four

Want some cheese with your wine?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

scotthands

sorry man, don't mean to be bitchin or anythin, i appreciate everyones effort here.

was just tryin to find out why my rat layout wasn't workin and i realised the output stage seemed a bit wrong, according to the tonepad schematic, maybe that's the problem?.
just cos there was a layout posted at the beginnin of the thread that people said they had the same probs as me then someone posted the "verified" layout but it seems to be the same as the first one posted that ppl had probs with.

no offence intended.

scotthands

yes please, lot's of wine and a little cheese please :)

Renegadrian

Right, sorry I didn't want to be mean, maybe you could have explained better the problem/doubt you experienced...
The verified layout is actually the first one, only the link was reposted, that's all.
Dunno what is wrong with yours, maybe we can help, but yeah as there are at least 4 working rats from that layout, we can take for granted it's a verified one...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

scotthands

i'm gonna unsolder everything from column 15, except the ic and redo it, because according to my audio probe that's where the problem is, because the jfet seems to be the problem(i've replaced it just to check), the source doesn't have any voltage on it for me.

kurtlives

I remember when the layout first came out I brought up some issues with it. They have all been corrected now though. It should work fine as is.

I can check my build if you like, just to verify I did follow the layout exactly.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com