Stupid Broken Crybaby doesn't not even work!

Started by aChorusofJays, February 17, 2009, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aChorusofJays

So, I'm having a bad couple of months with effects. First an overdrive, then my pedal-board's adapter, now my Wah. I've got a Dunlop Crybaby that, when I click it on, will not respond to the treadle. It just sounds like it's %^&*ed all the way back. Took a look on the inside, and the pot seems to be turning alright, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Did I blow the high-end of the circuit or something? I'm getting sick of things breaking during shows.

Frustrated.  :icon_mad:

GibsonGM

Well, guess you'll have to measure the pot to be sure it's actually working..then check its wiring.  After that, it's signal tracing with the audio probe, checking the transistor voltages etc. (could be the inductor...)....
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

petemoore

The best it can be narrowed down to is a miswire or some other trace problem.
  Taking another look at it after applying the 'Debugging' thread information should help.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

dr

.....check to see that the gear hasn't broken loose from the pot shaft.............dr