Today I learned...

Started by frokost, February 18, 2009, 02:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: Boogdish on February 20, 2009, 12:51:56 AM

Always usefull to know how to make knots when you're a sailorman.

http://www.saskschools.ca/curr_content/paasurvey/elec/lesson5/lesson5.html

Great !  We are back on topic.

That was KNOT funny!   :icon_mrgreen:

frank_p

Quote from: David on February 20, 2009, 02:34:18 PM

Quote from: Boogdish on February 20, 2009, 12:51:56 AM

Always usefull to know how to make knots when you're a sailorman.

http://www.saskschools.ca/curr_content/paasurvey/elec/lesson5/lesson5.html

Great !  We are back on topic.

That was KNOT funny!   :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, I know, I am a rusty gearhead...   ;)

mac

QuoteAnd I still don't understand why Young's modulus is function of Pauli's exclusion principle...
Mac, do you have a layout for the Spintronic Fuzz...

Which version, s = 1/2 or s = - 1/2 ?? :P

Note that simple classical concepts like PV = NKT, or the whole thermodynamics, can be derived from a large quantum system of non-interacting particles in a box. This is statistical quantum mechanics, and this is the point where physics gets really interesting, since basic concepts of everyday life can be traced back to those small fermions. So don't be surpised that the Young's modulus is a direct consequence of the exclusion principle. After all, you are summing fermions, that is, electrons, neutrons and protons.

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

frank_p

Quote from: mac on February 21, 2009, 11:14:33 AM
QuoteAnd I still don't understand why Young's modulus is function of Pauli's exclusion principle...
Mac, do you have a layout for the Spintronic Fuzz...

Which version, s = 1/2 or s = - 1/2 ?? :P

Note that simple classical concepts like PV = NKT, or the whole thermodynamics, can be derived from a large quantum system of non-interacting particles in a box. This is statistical quantum mechanics, and this is the point where physics gets really interesting, since basic concepts of everyday life can be traced back to those small fermions. So don't be surpised that the Young's modulus is a direct consequence of the exclusion principle. After all, you are summing fermions, that is, electrons, neutrons and protons.

Ah ! Ok, Now it's very clear...  :icon_neutral:

It's been three days I am on that low frequecy relaxation oscillator simulation and it's not working...
Man, I want to throw my computer by the window and write poems instead...

frokost

Yum, canned fish...

Over the past few days I've been working on stage for a festival. Six bands a day, 30 minutes change-over. And I've learned that it's always the worst bands that makes the most trouble.