Show us your BIG effects

Started by Taylor, February 23, 2009, 02:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicago_mike

DougH

QuoteEh, did you build that amp and cab?

No, but I will be doing some mods to the amp.

Sorry to cloud up your fx thread, I'm just feeling all giddy... :icon_wink:
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Paul Marossy

Not mine, but this one has always impressed me: http://hem.bredband.net/bersyn//thisis.htm

alex frias

The case format suggests it's portable... :icon_eek:
Pagan and happy!

Taylor

Quote from: alex frias on February 26, 2009, 04:09:15 PM
The case format suggests it's portable... :icon_eek:

I laughed at that, too. I can just imagine the guy folding that thing up and zooping about town with it...

Reminds me of my Farfisa "Compact" organ - folds up into a nice compact 125 pound suitcase with ONE HANDLE. :icon_rolleyes: Doesn't anyone get that musicians are weaklings?

arma61

Guv'nor - AMZ OD Pro - Big Muff Pi, selectable by a sequential switch, so only on is on at a time. Bought wrong knobs so need to file them a little bit, still a few to go !

In the back there's  small plastic hose with 2 RGB LEDs  at the ends

and her (future) sister !

a completely different one, wood was burn by my father!

and the last one, just finished today, Im waiting for knobs coming from Homg Kong ! they should be here any moment ! :D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Taylor

I am so glad I started this thread.

German

Quote from: dano12 on February 24, 2009, 07:31:11 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That one is awesome!
I'm gonna do something like that that soon.
What exsactly indicates those voltemeters/ampermeters(or what are they)?

Nikolay

kvb

Quote from: arma61 on February 27, 2009, 12:02:49 PM

and the last one, just finished today

great looking stuff!

Are you using a break to get your bends or are these found objects?

arma61

Quote from: kvb on February 28, 2009, 02:59:00 PM
Quote from: arma61 on February 27, 2009, 12:02:49 PM

and the last one, just finished today

great looking stuff!

Are you using a break to get your bends or are these found objects?

Thanks m8

here's the "full story" http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg606569#msg606569 in the Picture thread

Armando

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

syndromet

Quote from: Nikolay on February 28, 2009, 02:53:40 PM
my biggest one is maybe this one:

All pictures are here: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Naudio/FC12%20Footcontroller/

and this one:

This thing is sick. Still stands as the most impressive build I've ever seen.
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

trixdropd

Quote from: Nikolay on February 28, 2009, 02:53:40 PM
my biggest one is maybe this one:

All pictures are here: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Naudio/FC12%20Footcontroller/

and this one:

Wow!! You look like you got some skills!!

Nikolay

Thanks! This stuff are made before 1-2 years ago. I see some stupid plastic connectors there ;) :icon_redface:  but they looks good ;)

Thanks again ;)

trixdropd

Quote from: Nikolay on March 01, 2009, 05:22:25 AM
Thanks! This stuff are made before 1-2 years ago. I see some stupid plastic connectors there ;) :icon_redface:  but they looks good ;)

Thanks again ;)
I wish I could make a programmable amp switcher!! I just built a 5 amp switcher, but it's not programmable, and therefore kinda hard to use in practice. 

doc_drop

Well, it isn't as big as some of yours, but I just finished this 4 circuits in a box guy, The DROP-lifier. Thanks to ROG and Beavis Audio Research...

Here's a look at the ample guts. Yeah, there is spare room for a sandwich.

I get all kinds of amp sounds by plugging these into each other with the patch bay. It is truly greater than the sum of its parts.

Taylor

Very cool.

Do you have any problems with noise? You have lots of long wire runs there.

doc_drop

Hey Taylor,

The long wires are all shielded, as you can see.

I had to buy a Godlyke Powerall adaptor to get the Valvecaster to stop humming. Since then, no noise.

I have wire grounded all the pots and jacks to each other and then to the ground bus that the negative of the adaptor is connected to. I also ground each circuit to the bus. (I believe that technique is called "star grounding".) That seems to have taken away any ground noise problems.

I do have to be careful how I gain stage when I have the May Queen in the mix. That sucker is so loud it overwhelms the circuits after it sometimes.

But all in all I can plug these guys into each other in any combination with almost no noise at all.

DougH

Not mine, but a "big effect" nonetheless:

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."