Show us your BIG effects

Started by Taylor, February 23, 2009, 02:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonsmusicgear

Great looking multi effect Dave, I am building something similar and was wondering if you experienced any noise problems?

Thanks
Jason

diydave

Hello jasonsmusicgear.

Noise: none.
But I've put a 1000µF elco parallel to the powersupply, and I'm using a separate wallwart for this effect.
I had some issue's with ticking of the eazy vibe, but got it fixed by putting a 100ohm resistor in serie with the powerline.

Good luck with your build.

snarblinge

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Taylor

What are we looking at snarblinge? Did you bend that box up out of a rusty Chrysler Fender? It's cool in any case.

snarblinge

sorry for the slow reply, i have been out of the internet zone.

found a piece of metal in the garden of our new house. hacksaw -> vice -> router on wood for the sides = happy times.

somewhere i think I have some better pics of the process but the pedal has gone on to it's new life in a friends collection.

the first attempt i am hoping to save and make a smaller one for another mate of mine.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Sloop

Quote from: cloudscapes on February 23, 2009, 06:11:10 PM
this is my biggest thus far, but the one under it I'm lookign to build over the next few months in one of those large sloped-front boxes.

Wow they're some beautiful enclosures.

jkokura

Quote from: jkokura on April 07, 2010, 09:47:22 PM
Not super big, but it's 3 circuits crammed into a 1590DD so I think it qualifies!

More details over on page 605 of the pictures thread.

Jacob

Part 2!

More details over on Page 705 of the pictures thread! Coincidence? I think not!

Jacob

eniacmike

ge fuzz face with pre and post loops. a tip when drilling these steel enclosures use a backing board! they come out alot cleaner. I didn't learn this until after I drilled and I spent a whole day with a file  and a dremel trying to clean up the holes.

stereo big muff with skreddy mids switches for reamping stereo tracks in the studio.

mathewglenn

I finally bought a 2x6 steel stud so that I could start boxing up the big effects that I've been working on. Here is part 1:

From right to left: DOD250, BSIAB2, Devi Ever based fuzz, Thing Modulator, and Snow White Auto Wah.

No knobs yet, but I'm thinking of getting these:

hair force one

Taylor

Keppy

Quote from: mathewglenn on May 16, 2011, 04:35:34 PM
No knobs yet, but I'm thinking of getting these:

I was searching all over for knobs like this last night, and couldn't find any! You just made my day!
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

atelier musiques lourdes

guts.

i made it for cyril and he posted a complete report of build on his blog here: http://armyofsick.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html
wonder if this is the biggest muff pi ever (26x35,5 cm)?

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Keppy

Is 1590D big enough?

It's got a rocker, too:
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Taylor

Oh nice! I haven't checked out that Phase II thread in a while, looks like you guys have gone very far with the project. Great work.

MrTonesNZ

Quote from: Taylor on February 26, 2009, 05:21:41 PM
Quote from: alex frias on February 26, 2009, 04:09:15 PM
The case format suggests it's portable... :icon_eek:

I laughed at that, too. I can just imagine the guy folding that thing up and zooping about town with it...

Reminds me of my Farfisa "Compact" organ - folds up into a nice compact 125 pound suitcase with ONE HANDLE. :icon_rolleyes: Doesn't anyone get that musicians are weaklings?

Yea musicians are just cool nerds  :icon_lol: