Anyone Built the Funky Multimode Filter by Frequency Central?

Started by orangetones, February 23, 2009, 05:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangetones

Anyone built this?  I am having a devil of a time getting this thing to function properly.  Anyone with a successful build or breadboard even?  Mine is on breadboard at the moment.

Furthermore, is there anyone that would breadboard this and see if it works properly for them?  The issue for me is that I get a very loud popping as the filter engages.  It is quite harsh.

Anyone?

chicago_mike

IM almost done with the 2 im doing.

What I need to work out is the led thing he has per filter mode. Thats pretty cool. :)

DannySebahar

To answer your question: You have a Capacitor somewhere that has too high a voltage rating and is being filled up errantly and when the filter is triggered, by a transistor or something, then the whole voltage stored is released if it is left to fully charge. If you are using the original schematic the capacitor is huge (100uF) with no Voltage rating given, but should be assumed to be around the supply voltage of 12V and you probably have one of 25V

blackieNYC

Quote from: DannySebahar on July 21, 2017, 07:24:23 AM
To answer your question: You have a Capacitor somewhere that has too high a voltage rating and is being filled up errantly and when the filter is triggered, by a transistor or something, then the whole voltage stored is released if it is left to fully charge. If you are using the original schematic the capacitor is huge (100uF) with no Voltage rating given, but should be assumed to be around the supply voltage of 12V and you probably have one of 25V

That's a thing?
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

tubegeek

Quote from: blackieNYC on July 23, 2017, 10:17:08 AM
Quote from: DannySebahar on July 21, 2017, 07:24:23 AM

That's a thing?

No. Cap charge depends on the voltage it is fed, not the rating. The rating is just a "don't go past here or you'll break me" warning.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

blackieNYC

That's a very old post you've resurrected. Welcome! Are you building?
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers