TDA1022 based flanger

Started by Thomeeque, March 03, 2009, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomeeque

It seems to me, like the subject is cursed - I have found lot of posts talking about it, lot of people claiming they've build it, I have found schematics of TDA1022 based delays, choruses and triple-choruses, even cool sound samples of StephenGiles's TDA1022 based Electric Mistress, but somehow even after two hours of searching I have not found even one real schematic. Can somebody help me out, please?

And another question: other BBD available for me is MN3207 - which one would you prefer to base flanger on?

Thanks, T.

Note: I prefer some "simple" flanger circuitry (like Electric Mistress, FL-xx, BF-2) than let's say ADA..
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

StephenGiles

You won't see mine because I never drew it!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Thomeeque

Quote from: StephenGiles on March 03, 2009, 05:23:30 PM
You won't see mine because I never drew it!

Oh, it's a pity.. you were my biggest hope ;D but thanks anyway
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Ice-9

I posted a schematic for someone about 3 months ago , that i have built and verified, and its a good sounding flanger as well. I'm at work at the moment but it was from a book by R.A. Penfold. i will dig it out for you if you want. In fact if i could find a TDA1022 i would build this effect again.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Thomeeque

Quote from: Ice-9 on March 04, 2009, 10:39:43 AM
I posted a schematic for someone about 3 months ago , that i have built and verified, and its a good sounding flanger as well. I'm at work at the moment but it was from a book by R.A. Penfold. i will dig it out for you if you want.

Wow! Yes, I definitely do, thanks!

Quote from: Ice-9 on March 04, 2009, 10:39:43 AM
In fact if i could find a TDA1022 i would build this effect again.

I have one piece only, that's one of reasons why I'm looking for something already verified, I don't want to fry it up experimenting. Another reason is, that I have spent lot of time on my own design, which did not turn well, so I'm looking for some cheap success now ;)

T.

Mark Hammer

While it would involve a bit of work and planning, the TDA1022 strikes me as an excellent candidate for yet another "adapted" version of the A/DA flanger.

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 04, 2009, 12:39:23 PM
While it would involve a bit of work and planning, the TDA1022 strikes me as an excellent candidate for yet another "adapted" version of the A/DA flanger.
:icon_eek: Aaaah! No more A/DA! Please! Oh, the humanity! :icon_eek:

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Mark Hammer

Yeah, it's starting to feel a bit like a Barbie doll, isn't it?  New! Matsushita Barbie!  Philips Barbie!  MN3005-based A/DA Flanger! :icon_lol:

snap

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 04, 2009, 12:39:23 PM

already thought of by him!

Mark Hammer

That would explain the vague ring of familiarity, even as I was typing it.