Single Row sockets available (can be snapped!)

Started by aron, March 16, 2009, 03:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

10 socket single row - can be snapped to size. Available in the store as a grab bag. I think you will really like these!

http://diystompboxes.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33

trixdropd

aron

kbibs

I purchased a set of these and they appear to be nice quality but they seem too big to fit into the holes of a GGG ITS8 pcb I purchased. Do I drill the pcb slightly bigger or file the pin of the socket? The board appears to be single sided so I think it will be ok. If it was double sided or multi layered I'd be afraid to.

Thanks for the help!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: kbibs on May 04, 2011, 09:24:08 PM
I purchased a set of these and they appear to be nice quality but they seem too big to fit into the holes of a GGG ITS8 pcb I purchased. Do I drill the pcb slightly bigger or file the pin of the socket? The board appears to be single sided so I think it will be ok. If it was double sided or multi layered I'd be afraid to.

Thanks for the help!

If you have drill bits that are small enough.... and you have a dremel tool that works well... then you should drill the board a bit bigger to fit the pins.

I am surprised that these will not fit into the holes   ???  I have used standard 0.1 spaced inline sockets on JD's boards before with no problem.

Good Luck  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: kbibs on May 04, 2011, 09:24:08 PM

Thanks for the help!

Note: only the bottom bit of the sockets needs to go through to the other side, not the whole metallic bit.

kbibs

Thanks for the replies. I've used others before that had a straight pin without a problem. These have a tapered pin with one flat side which fit in the hole just enough for the pin to show through the other side. So yes I could solder them in that way but they just seem to stick out quite a bit. Yeah come to think of it I probably don't have a drill bit that small, oh well! I was just curious if others noticed the same thing and had a better solution. Thanks!