need pcb mounted pots... where to buy?

Started by wampcat1, March 19, 2009, 12:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wampcat1

I need pcb mounted pots in values not carried by smallbear - is there any other companies that carry them? any help appreciated!!

bw

Ripthorn

Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

wampcat1

I don't see the right angles, which is what I need... see here:

anyone? surely *someone* out there knows of an alternative source...

MarcoMike

Banzai has "right angle pots"... but there are no pictures of them, so I'm not sure they are what you're looking for...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

MicFarlow77

Hey Brian,

I have not been able to find anything... Mouser has them, but they have even fewer values than SB.

If you find a source that has more values, please let me know... I am definitely interested in getting these for my builds!

Thanks,

Mick

SonicVI

what values does Mouser have? I can't find them there.

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Ripthorn

You can just bend the tabs with small pliers on the ones that don't have the right angle...

Altec

Quote from: Ripthorn on March 19, 2009, 08:18:20 PM
You can just bend the tabs with small pliers on the ones that don't have the right angle...

Word up!

SonicVI

no, they aren't nearly long enough.

Altec

Quote from: SonicVI on March 19, 2009, 08:35:45 PM

no, they aren't nearly long enough.

How long do you need?

R.G.

Quote from: wampcat1 on March 19, 2009, 12:37:44 PM
I need pcb mounted pots in values not carried by smallbear - is there any other companies that carry them? any help appreciated!!
That's a toughie. Unless you are looking for commercial quantities, you need someone like small bear to take the commercial risk for you by buying in large quanitity and stocking for your small orders.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ripthorn

Have you considered making the values you need from large linear value pots?

soggybag

You could always consider soldering a short length of stiff wire to a standard pot for the same effect. Not quite as fancy, and it requires a bit more work. You could reinforce with a short length of small diameter plastic tubing.

Ice-9

Thats the search for theHoly grail. I've been trying to find a supplier of this type of pot myself but in the UK. It seems even harder to get them, anyone know of a UK supplier ?
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

wampcat1

Quote from: soggybag on March 19, 2009, 11:03:26 PM
You could always consider soldering a short length of stiff wire to a standard pot for the same effect. Not quite as fancy, and it requires a bit more work. You could reinforce with a short length of small diameter plastic tubing.

We sell too many quantities to do that - several hundred pedals minimum a month - time is money and it's just not economically feasible to do that. However, I've talked to Steve and also my parts guy has talked to another manufacturer so it looks like we are going to invest some money and buy some large quantities. Double gang pcb mounted is a big need as well...

bw

returntable

Quote from: MarcoMike on March 19, 2009, 01:13:45 PM
Banzai has "right angle pots"... but there are no pictures of them, so I'm not sure they are what you're looking for...

Right, we do have them in stock now :) Not in huge quantities yet, but if you need large quantities just write a quick email to Olaf, he's able to tell you wether and if so, in which time we could get them...
"the earth is not a flat screen"
-Saul Williams-