bass/treble cut switch

Started by 1878, March 23, 2009, 06:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello...

I need a simple bass/treble cut switch for a fuzz I'm building. Does anyone know of an easy solution to get me started ?? I don't mind having two switches on the pedal (there's more than enough room) so the simpler the better for now.

Thanks everyone.

GibsonGM

Try it out, should be cool - I would put it just before (can be just after, too) my output cap...when the .005 cap is 'in', it will work in series with the output cap so you'd get a cap value of:  C1XC2/C1+C2, or .005 X output cap/.005 + output cap.

If you can, try adding caps in series w/your output cap on a breadboard til you find the winning combination, then solder the cap in to the switch; it is a lot easier that way ;o)

If it doesn't do what you want, you'd have to get more sophisticated, but many find this way easiest and effective.   
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Cheers.

It's a similar idea to the bass cut on my Jaguar. I'll solder a socket to try my caps.

Thanks again.