Beavis 555 modifier

Started by Gregory Kollins, March 30, 2009, 12:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Kollins

It's very "tweaky". I've found four settings so far that sound good, and they are very specific settings. However I do like the effect. There is sort of a basic setting that sounds very much like a classic guitar synth, huge amounts of gargling distortion, like a full square wave. My favorite setting actually has a little bit of an envelope to it, which sounds vaguely like the word "wow". If you're going to build it though, know that you are building a noise box. That's what I was hoping for and that's what I got.

And I do like turning up the squelch knob and just screwing around with the oscillator. Good for shows.

blubber

I hope anybody can help me.

I wanted to build the 555mod, but I've seen this layout from Beavis http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/ArmageddonProcessor/APLayouts_s.gif
and I think it shows other parts than in this schematic on the page of the ArmageddonProcessor.

I started building it with that layout, but then I realized, that there are a lot of parts different.

Nobody from Beavis answered my mails  :icon_sad: , so I have to ask here, what the values of the parts in the layout are.

blubber

GREEN FUZ

I`m not certain but I think those layouts are just works in progress. The modifier layout does appear to have a couple of additional components but I couldn`t say for sure what for. Furthermore, the pads for what I presume is the frequency control, aren`t actually connected to any other part of the layout.