Build Report - Clari (not) - Awesome!!!!

Started by doc_drop, March 30, 2009, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc_drop

Hi guys,

I had to post because I perf'd up this outrageous circuit this weekend, and it is an awesome project. Check out the video that is linked in this thread:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=74294.0

Do yourselves a favor and tryi it out! I bought VTL5C1,  VTL5C2 and VTL5C4 LDR's to see how they work. So far I have only plugged in the VTL5C4, and it works great. Once I get this in a box I will try the others.

The blend and tracking controls are incredible at getting all kinds of sounds out of it!

Guys, build this one...

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

doc_drop

Sure. This is the perf layout I followed almost 100%. (Sorry to the originator [Ckyvick?] of this. I don't recall where I found it...) The schematic is in the original post I linked to.

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

rousejeremy

Quote from: doc_drop on March 30, 2009, 01:30:22 PM
Sure. This is the perf layout I followed almost 100%. (Sorry to the originator [Ckyvick?] of this. I don't recall where I found it...) The schematic is in the original post I linked to.

Where does the Delay pot go?
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

jacobyjd

Check out the schemo--it doesn't really hit the board anywhere :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

doc_drop

The pot wiring was the trickiest thing for me. I still have the delay pot wired backwards, but I don't care. It is part of the er, "mojo"... I had to draw little pictures based on the schematic. The perf layout is unclear on this.  The delay and depth pots are interconnected with the LDR. I experimented using alligator clips for a while before I got it to work for me. Like I said, the pots are a little tricky...

StephenGiles

Mmmmmm I think Jeff Beck can get that sound just using his hands and fingers! Nevertheless, a good box for annoying your neighbours.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

doc_drop

My neighbors actually asked me how I got that cool sound :icon_wink:

The devil is in the Blend, Track and Depth pots, my son...

But I am going to shut up now and let my new "signature" sound box take over the planet!

StephenGiles

It would be interesting to include a sample & hold in order to preserve pitch changes - any bright sparks up for it? :icon_eek:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

~arph

Quote from: StephenGiles on April 05, 2009, 12:12:26 PM
It would be interesting to include a sample & hold in order to preserve pitch changes - any bright sparks up for it? :icon_eek:

Not possible. Pitch only changes when the delay time is changing. not when it stays fixed.

frokost

This is a great pedal! Lots of useful settings, which are cool, and lots of totally useless settings (musically) that are even cooler  ;D.

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Bumping! Care to post up some voltages on the ICs? I think I've spent too long looking at my board and should walk away from it for a bit, but if you could post up some voltages it might point me in the right direction. Cheers!

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the JRC4556 should be ok to use instead of the LM386 yes?

~arph

No,

different animal. The 386 is not a dual opamp.

cpm

i had to change connections to LM386 pins 2 & 3, to get it to work

bluesdevil

Quote from: cpm on April 11, 2009, 01:30:17 PM
i had to change connections to LM386 pins 2 & 3, to get it to work

So the schematic and layout may be incorrect? I was very interested in building this, thanks.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

frokost

I built it according to schematic and it works. No need to change anything.

Feel kind of bad for cloning this one, though. It's truly original, and not THAT expensive.

doug deeper

feel free to send me some $$$$$  :D
the schematic/layout should be 100%...the layout is 99.99999% the same as the one i use (i build these on the pad per hole perf from smallbear).
the delay pot connects the two outer tabs of the depth pot, so basically it changes the value of the depth pot.

bluesdevil

"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy