Tonepad Ross phaser questions

Started by Heemis, March 31, 2009, 04:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heemis

I started populating a ross phaser PCB from tonepad last night, and I noticed the pins on the 16mm alpha pc mount pots I ordered are a bit too big for the holes on the pcb.  I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how I could get them to fit without damaging the board (I've already put in all the resistors, sockets and some caps.)

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew offhand if there is a place I can tap off of the circuit to get the LED to pulse with the rate of the LFO?

Thanks!

Mark Hammer

If your plan is to use the pots to suspend the board, then the simplest thing to do is to clip the leads off some components - thicker leads preferred - solder them to the pots, and then solder the free end of the lead to the PCB pads.  Alternatively, use solid core wire to do the same thing.

MarcoMike

what about drilling the hole larger? (if the pad is large enough...) if you go this way drill from the copper side, otherwise you may detach it from the board
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

rocklander

Quote from: Heemis on March 31, 2009, 04:29:40 PM

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew offhand if there is a place I can tap off of the circuit to get the LED to pulse with the rate of the LFO?

Thanks!

I'd like to bump this question.. I can get a pulse rate for the LED from IC4 pin 4/9/13 (they're all connected) but I'm unsure if that will damage the IC or not..?