|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 07:53:14 AM
961726 Posts in 102787 Topics by 32447 Members
Latest Member: CounterfeitGent
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Building your own stompbox  |  Removing the 9V battery... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Removing the 9V battery...  (Read 1117 times)
kristoffereide

kristoffer

Removing the 9V battery...
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »

In a circuit like this http://home.centurytel.net/flanneldrawers/3PDT-wiring.jpg
would I have to make any modifications to remove the battery-connection other than just removing it?

I'm currently troubleshooting a pedal, and I'm just narrowing the options.
I've removed it before without problems on other pedals, but I thought I'd check with you guys

I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. icon_eek
liddokun

Nam-An Dinh-Missisauga, Ontario

Re: Removing the 9V battery...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:05:31 AM »

You can just remove the battery connection without modifying it. But if you remove the battery connection, then you can switch the input jack from a stereo to a mono jack, because you don't need the "ring" part anymore. hope this helps.

To those about to rock, we salute you.
kristoffereide

kristoffer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:07:19 AM »

thanks! Never thought about using a mono input

I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. icon_eek
jefe

Jeff A. - Connecticut

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:49 AM »

Yeah, from the diagram you provided... I can't think of any reason why you couldn't just remove the battery clip completely. Think of it this way: What is the difference between removing the battery, and removing the entire battery clip?

FWIW, I don't use batteries in the pedals I make, so I don't use stereo input jacks, mono is all I need.
kristoffereide

kristoffer

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:54:15 AM »

yes that was exactly what I thought, I just can find whats wrong with my pedal so I thought it might have something to do with my removal of the clip in some weird way

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: