Removing the 9V battery...

Started by kristoffereide, April 02, 2009, 09:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kristoffereide

In a circuit like this http://home.centurytel.net/flanneldrawers/3PDT-wiring.jpg
would I have to make any modifications to remove the battery-connection other than just removing it?

I'm currently troubleshooting a pedal, and I'm just narrowing the options.
I've removed it before without problems on other pedals, but I thought I'd check with you guys
Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

liddokun

You can just remove the battery connection without modifying it. But if you remove the battery connection, then you can switch the input jack from a stereo to a mono jack, because you don't need the "ring" part anymore. hope this helps.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

kristoffereide

thanks! Never thought about using a mono input
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

jefe

Yeah, from the diagram you provided... I can't think of any reason why you couldn't just remove the battery clip completely. Think of it this way: What is the difference between removing the battery, and removing the entire battery clip?

FWIW, I don't use batteries in the pedals I make, so I don't use stereo input jacks, mono is all I need.

kristoffereide

yes that was exactly what I thought, I just can find whats wrong with my pedal so I thought it might have something to do with my removal of the clip in some weird way