Cloning a Line 6 Floorboard ::)

Started by Carlos Best, April 04, 2009, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnLyTNT

Quote from: Carlos Best on April 10, 2009, 08:02:39 PM
Thanks Man!!

I 've been playing with the circuit all the afternoon.

But there's some work to do already.

PROBLEM 1:

The circuit only lights the 4 leds of the presets and the one that corresponds to the tap tempo. the other are dead
That using 1 register (the one in the schem)
I tried to connect the other 3 registers and nothing happened. Maybe I made the connections wrong
That circuit woun't be usefull for cloning the full floorboard.
Think the inverte circuit only processes the data for one register.

PROBLEM 2:
I think there are some wrong values in the circuit cause sometimes when you turn on the pod, the leds don't light until I touch with my fingers the cap or the 470ohm res in the data line
Also when i went into manual mode and then go back into preset mode the leds die until I touch the circuit again.

Any help would be VERY apreciated.

Hello Carlos,

I've been so much busy that I couldn't be interested with the recent replies.

Problem 1

I did not examine carefully the FB4 schematic but I can say that the circuit operates to keep only last 4 bits on the register which are necessary for ABCD leds. That's why RCK has a separete clock signal.

For full operation I suggest you to omit RCK curcuit and connect RCK directly to SCK. Let's see what happens.

Problem 2
It may be a wrong wiring or bad grounding problem. Hard to say...

slacker

I tried simulating the 2 clock circuits and the RCK one seems to do what me and OnLyTNT were talking about, it makes a pulse that is delayed a few usecs compared to the original signal.
The SCK seems to produce a very thin negative pulse on the leading edge of the original signal.
I haven't figured out what this will make the shift register do yet though.

jhony_bless

Hi guys, tomorrow I upload pictures of the floorboard.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jhony_bless

Hey guys I uploaded the photos line 6 floorboard, I hope it will
for cloning. Excuse my poor English  ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

http://rapidshare.com/files/334347671/Floorboard.rar.html

Bubesz

Would these clones (Floorboard or FBV4) work with a Spider II?

dobrota

Quote from: jhony_bless on January 12, 2010, 04:29:29 PM
Hey guys I uploaded the photos line 6 floorboard, I hope it will
for cloning. Excuse my poor English  ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

http://rapidshare.com/files/334347671/Floorboard.rar.html

Thanks, but this link is broken now:
....This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached....

gabbs

Hi all,
I bought a used POD 2.0 too and, as you, I want to use it with a floorboard.
I'm developing a FB with a PIC microcontroller, it communicates with the pod via a MIDI cable.

My solution is almost ready, the code in the pic seems to work correctly.
I used 6 switch and an external expression pedal.
The external pedal can be used as volume or wah, and the six buttons let me change bank, preset, and the various typical switch (delay, reverb, modulation, bump, drive, distortion, presence, bright).

The code for the pic is written in mikroC and if someone is interested we can work on it together
Cheers

Skrobo

Hi guys!
Thanx to this post I've builded my floorboard, it still looks like a shit but it does the job.
Can anybody give me a hint about two expresions pedals (wah and volume) coz I would like to add them to my floor board but I havent seen the interior of the real thing so I dont know how to start.
Any help is very welcome

valdiorn

Slightly related, for anyone with an interest in this thread

If you have any experience with microcontrollers (or are willing to learn), this sort of thing is dead-easy using a PIC or something similar

For inspiration or reference here's my PIC16F88 MIDI footpedal

http://analogwindow.com/?p=49

You can click the link to find schematics and code (written in C / (for the MikroC compiler)).

It was designed and built in an afternoon, I've used it every day for the past year :)

Dpruente

Sorry for the bump on this, but i couldn't find much on the subject that was new. I have a question about this. I'm planning on hooking this up to a spider II amp, which it's supposed to be compatible with. Since it shows what channel you're in on the amplifier, is it necessary to recreate the digital portion of the circuit, as i'm not concerned with lighting the leds on the floorboard, just the amp?

fenderislife

Hi everyone,
I'm updating this old post to ask if someone can upload (or send it to fenderislife@yahoo.it) Carlos' schematic for the FB4, since imageshack does not host that image anymore.
Thank you
Andrea

gerodoth