This is doing my head in

Started by Cardboard Tube Samurai, April 05, 2009, 12:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardboard Tube Samurai

This might seem obvious to some but it's seriously doing my head in at the moment and I need a second set of eyes cast over it. Can someone please confirm for me that the CA3094 and the CA3080 have the same pin-outs?

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/C/A/3/0/CA3080.shtml

http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/66321/INTERSIL/CA3094.html

Thanks!

Lurco

can NOT confirm:
pins 1 and 8 are different, and the socalled "output" is a different beast anyway.
compare the IC schematics!

slacker

Pins 8,4,2,3 and 5 are the same. Pin 6 is the output on both but like Lurco said the output stage is different on both chips. The CA3094 then has pin 1 for adding external frequency compensation components and pin 8 as a second output.

I might be wrong, someone with more knowledge will hopefully come along, but depending on what you're doing you can probably sub one chip for the other. You might need to tweak some components though, so you might not just be able to swap the chips.

Lurco

like I wrote: pin 8 IS different!

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: slacker on April 05, 2009, 08:43:07 AM
Pins 8,4,2,3 and 5 are the same. Pin 6 is the output on both but like Lurco said the output stage is different on both chips. The CA3094 then has pin 1 for adding external frequency compensation components and pin 8 as a second output.

I might be wrong, someone with more knowledge will hopefully come along, but depending on what you're doing you can probably sub one chip for the other. You might need to tweak some components though, so you might not just be able to swap the chips.

This is what I need to work out. I'm building the Small Stone Clone from GGG and have access to the CA3080s

slacker

Quote from: Lurco on April 05, 2009, 04:08:10 PM
like I wrote: pin 8 IS different!

Oops I meant pin 7 is the same on both not pin 8  :icon_redface: That's what you get for posting with a hangover.