True Bypass mod help on a MXR 70's Script Logo Phase 100 please...

Started by tone1963, April 07, 2009, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tone1963

Hi Newbie here,

I just got myself an early MXR Script logo Phase 100  ;D and I would like to do a true bypass mod.
Can someone please tell me which are the effect input and output wires? Also, all I need is to replace the original switch with a DPDT one...correct?  :icon_redface:

Thank-you in advance, any advice you might help is greatly appreciated.

Tony

Gus

IMO I would build an external bypass box.  This would keep the effect from losing value if you want to sell it in the future.

You will need a DPDT switch and two 1/4 plugs and some shielded wire and two jacks and a metal box or you could use four jacks.  I would o a search at the main part of the forum for external  switch box and/or external switched loop control I think there were threads/posts in the past

tone1963

Thank-you for your reply. I thought of the looper box idea but I figured I would save some real estate on my small pedal board.
Plus I don't plan on selling this pedal, that's why I'm going with the TB option.
I believe the yellow wire leading to the circuit board from the input jack is the circuit input and the purple wire is the circuit output. ??? But I'm not a 100% sure and hoping someone that knows the MXR color/wiring scheme would chime in... :icon_sad:

Tony