Spare parts for wah enclosures

Started by Leston Braun, April 14, 2009, 03:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leston Braun

I have a wah enclosure bought from Small Bear, which was disassembled for polishing/painting. I thought i had all the bits and pieces secured, but somehow I still managed to lose the treadle axle. So, now I have two halves of an astonishing-ready-to-be-assembled wah enclosure without any sound mean to attach them together - and it seems that I've lost the most important part of it, because no-one seems to carry a spare axle for a basic Dunlop wah-shell.

Does anyone know a shop that carries these axles, or should I try disassembling an another enclosure and try to offer the axle to some kind of machinery to be duplicated? Taking the risk to lose another one..? ;D

jefe

This sucks! Sorry I can't help you, but I feel your pain. I have two wah enclosures, and I don't have ANY of the hardware. I bought them from a fellow forumite, knowing they didn't come with hardware - I figured it would be easy for me to find the missing parts on the internet. Big surprise, nobody sells this stuff.  >:(

Maybe we can come up with a solution together.

sean k

I had a look at the wah enclosure kit at small bear and is the teadle axle just a short length of 1/4 inch round bar stock?

Just about any engineering place would have some in its racks.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

mdh

Quote from: sean k on April 14, 2009, 04:58:35 PM
I had a look at the wah enclosure kit at small bear and is the teadle axle just a short length of 1/4 inch round bar stock?

Just about any engineering place would have some in its racks.

I think it might actually be a tension pin (I believe that's the right name for it, if it's what I think it may be).  Anyway, what I mean is a sort of semi-cylinder of spring steel.  When it is compressed radially, it pushes back due to its springiness, so it can be pushed into a hole slightly smaller than its nominal size, and hold in place.  Note that this is just a guess, based on the look of the part in the picture on Small Bear, and a hazy recollection of past discussions of wah parts.

smallbearelec

I have some spare parts! Write to me at the smallbearelec@ix.netcom.com address!

SD

head_spaz

You could probably contact Dunlop too. Surely they would have it!
Deception does not exist in real life, it is only a figment of perception.

Wales

Quote from: smallbearelec on April 14, 2009, 06:50:28 PM
I have some spare parts! Write to me at the smallbearelec@ix.netcom.com address!

Guess you got your answer, its funny who is listening in sometimes :) Its a small, small smallbear world.