Tremulous Lune issues

Started by Gregory Kollins, April 19, 2009, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Kollins

I'm having a problem that has manifested itself in many symptoms, and I can't find anything on any of them... so I'm hoping someone here can help.
I end up asking for help here on just about everything I build, it seems.

I used the Fuzz Central layout, values, etc:
http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/tremulus.php

First, there is no tremolo. The tone is slightly different than bypass when the pedal is engaged, but a signal does get through. Closer inspection reveals that the LED paired with the LDR is constantly on.
Second, the status LED does not function. It's just always off. because of the way it is wired, I'm thinking this may be because the LFO could be non oscillating, thusly not causing either LED to blink?
Third, when I tried bypassing the LDR, the pedal's output suddenly became something like an outrageously loud distortion... (possibly to the permanent detriment of my hearing)

I think the problem lies with the LFO, considering the fact that the guitar signal is coming through when engaged, the LED does not blink etc. I do not have any more 4558 chips right now, otherwise I would just try rebuilding the LFO side of the circuit, or simply switching out the chip (unfortunately I did not use a socket). But in the mean time (that is, until I get another 4558 chip. theehman has graciously volunteered to donate one), is there anything that jumps out at anyone?

EDIT:

SOLVED... about five minutes after posting... sorry about this. Idiotic oversight, LFO was not connected to ground...