Sorry, another wicked switches question?

Started by Wales, April 23, 2009, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wales

I have decide to make the NAND, momentary version of switching from The Tone Godhttp://www.geocities.com/thetonegod/downloads/downloads.html. Every thing makes sense to me except the wiring of the pins for switching. Going threw old threads I seemed to find all the other types of wicked switches other than the one I am making. On the "schematic" for this switch it has eight pins on the one side of the CD4066 and four on the other (12). The CD4066 is a 14 pin. I am new to this and the data sheet made me more confused, so a ray of light would be great. What am I missing?  Did I download the wrong file? Did I miss something in the Tone God article? Any help is great, even sarcastic cause I'm sure its something simple i missed.

Wales

Nobody huh, and I even gave you the opportunity to make fun of me.

aron

This file:
Wicked_Switch_Momen_NAND_PCB.pdf

Shows 7 pins on each side.

Wales

Quote from: aron on April 23, 2009, 06:43:57 PM
This file:
Wicked_Switch_Momen_NAND_PCB.pdf

Shows 7 pins on each side.

That I get but I don't know which of those pins is which, because on the drawing of the "resulting switch" from the wicked switch download that comes in that download package.  On the layout the V+,V-,LED cathode,LED anode, and momentary switch connections are marked but not the resulting DPDT.

I don't think I am explaining myself well but that was the best i could describe it.

aron

> momentary switch connections are marked but not the resulting DPDT.

I'm guessing but when I look at the PDF, the "big" pads (6 of them) are the DPDT connections.

Wales

Quote from: aron on April 23, 2009, 08:08:43 PM
> momentary switch connections are marked but not the resulting DPDT.

I'm guessing but when I look at the PDF, the "big" pads (6 of them) are the DPDT connections.

Yes that is what I thought as well. I couldn't figure out which ones would be which. Well time away from it has led me to realize that I can test the pads with a continuity tester like I would on a standard stomp DPDT. I over complicated it because I was thinking the electronic switching was something different. In the end its still a DPDT.

Thanks for the help aaron.

tskullt

Hey man,
   I just went through this!!!  I ended up having a bad gate on the 4066!  anyhow I used the momentary cd40106 version.  the offboard wiring to the pads is as follows:

pad
  board in  O     4
   jack in - O     0
               O      6
                |      6        pad
                |                  O  board out
                |                  O  jack out
                 -------------- O
                   jumper^

I hope that makes sense!!

m.
http://www.pedalenclosures.com
* make all the other pedals jealous *

The Tone God

Sorry for the slow reply.

The boards are laid so that the switch pads are arranged like the bottom of a DPDT switch which hopefully would make it easier wire the switches up.

Andrew

Wales

Oh that makes alot of sense, should have thought of that. Etching as we speak, litterally shakin withe the left hand, and typin like my dad; one finger styles. Thanks for the help