Little Gem built

Started by Marcos - Munky, September 24, 2003, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

I built it today, and sounds very cool and sweet. Thanks to Runoffgroove to give this schematic for us. The board can be very small (mine have half the size of a 9v battery). Now I don't know if I put the amp in a cigar box using jacks for the speaker, or put it inside of a "amp box" (something like the pc speaker system enclosures) with a speaker.

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Oliver

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyI built it today, and sounds very cool and sweet. Thanks to Runoffgroove to give this schematic for us. The board can be very small (mine have half the size of a 9v battery). Now I don't know if I put the amp in a cigar box using jacks for the speaker, or put it inside of a "amp box" (something like the pc speaker system enclosures) with a speaker.

Hi,

i ordered some Parts to build a LittleGem just yesterday (waiting for them)....  :D
I asked myself the same question an decided to build it in a small enclosure with OutputJack to connetc it to a GuitarBox.

bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

Gary

Note the schematic has changed a little recently.  The diode and 100 Ohm resistor are now gone.  Some people were having trouble, so those parts were removed.  If you didn't use those parts on your build, there is no difference.

Oliver

Quote from: GaryNote the schematic has changed a little recently.  The diode and 100 Ohm resistor are now gone.  Some people were having trouble, so those parts were removed.  If you didn't use those parts on your build, there is no difference.

ooohoooo,
the Change has to be very fresh (just out of the Oven) - yesterday, as i ordered some Parts, i looked online at runoffgroove, where the old schematic where shown...
I can keep one Part (Resistor)  :D

bye
Oliver
Still looking forward to receive my order (waiting like a Child for xmas)
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

Marcos - Munky

I built mine using the resistor and diode. Hey Gary, there is a way to transform the Little Gem in a stompbox? I think it will be cool, so the people can get the sweet tone for use live and for recordings.

Gary

Sure, Munky.  You can turn it into a pedal.  Aron's Smash Drive is pretty much the same thing.  What you may have to change is the value of the output cap.  Try different values for the 220uF cap.  You may need a smaller one to limit the amount of bass you have.  The Little Gem can be used as an amp, or a pedal!

Glad you are digging it.

PS:
Those that built Aron's excellent Smash Drive, try plugging it into a speaker.  If you did the simple version, you can power a speaker with it just like the Little Gem.

Marcos - Munky

Thanks, Gary. Keep the great work.