|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 06:46:04 PM
975142 Posts in 103853 Topics by 33223 Members
Latest Member: bluesman69
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  Projects  |  Diode-Compression Op Amp  |  Basic Op-Amp Clipper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Basic Op-Amp Clipper  (Read 10333 times)
aziltz

grad student

Basic Op-Amp Clipper
« on: April 26, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »

I just breadboarded this sucker with a 1M Gain Pot and Bypass cap to a R/C to ground in a non-inverting TS-Type Clipping Amp, minus the clipping diodes.  Wow!  So much nicer than a simple IC for this type of circuit.  I need to play with the gain range and filtering a bit, but this would make a great dirty/clean booster.

I'm gonna compare to the Boss BD-2 and OD-3 Schematics and come up with an FET version.
Joe

Re: Basic Op-Amp Clipper
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:25:50 PM »

Maybe use JFET inputs but keep the bipolar for output, or else the gain might be too low?
blackcorvo

Lucas, Guitarrist wannabe, Loves electronics/music

Re: Basic Op-Amp Clipper
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »

or you could try Darlingtons.

i tried this circuit on the protoboard using a BC517 in the output with BC557 in the inputs (i don't have PNP darlingtons here, but i'll look for some later), and it kept the signal clean for more higher gains that using a 2N5088/9 in the output.

i didn't see anything around here of a FET version than some commentaries. is there any schematics done of that?  Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: