Curious about a pedal JFET emulation of the Mesa Mark IIC+

Started by Snyder, April 27, 2009, 11:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snyder

Hey,

I've seen the dr. boogey and the diefet and all the other wonderful amp to FET stompbox builds, and I'm wondering if one exists for the mark IIC+, or if somebody has a legible enough mark IIC+ schematic to allow me to begin prototyping one.

I saw one i think called the boogeyman, but there was no schematic, just a layout, and, frustratingly, there was no graphic EQ included. I could use an outboard graphic EQ, but i'd so much prefer it built into the pedal and tuned to the same frequencies (and not made with extremely low quality SM components and op-amps...).

If anybody has any insight on this subject I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you all very much!

anti-idiot

If I was God you'd sell your soul to...

BAARON

http://www.tubefreak.com/mesa.htm#mark2 has some Mark IIC+ schematics: an original (which in old-timey Boogie fashion reads from right to left), and a redrawn one.  Note that the redrawn one has at least one error around the third gain stage, so I don't know if I'd trust it.

You'll definitely need a graphic EQ if you want to get the sounds the IIC+ is known for.  You might have trouble fitting the original EQ design into a stompbox though, seeing as it uses five inductors and I'm not sure how large they'd be.
B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."