danos screamer lab

Started by 23, May 09, 2009, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok guys I got this monster working, boost, fat, clipper(s), stacked opamps, mid hump mod, clean up mod, and of course vol, tone, gain... but heres my one little freakin problem I cant get the led to work on the boost...I know WTF a little led... well its bothering me. I tried 3 different leds, different hook up arrangements with alligator clips and soldering but cant get it to work....I used a PCB so my board grounds are gone, where do I need to ground this thing? any help???

thanks scott s
put it together, now take it apart

biggy boy

Got a link to the schematic and board layout??

aziltz

ground it with an extra wire to a jack...

tried the extra jack wire, nothing....

beavisaudioresearch.com/projects/ScreamerLab?

biggy boy

Quote from: 23 on May 10, 2009, 09:32:52 AM
tried the extra jack wire, nothing....

beavisaudioresearch.com/projects/ScreamerLab?

Your link didn't work

this one should

http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/ScreamerLab/

thanks , just scroll down to the wiring diagram and find the boost mod...

I just need a little freakin help, jeez, sometimes its like pulling teeth on here... seems some people get high and mighty ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kurtlives

Can you confirm that your switch is actually working? DO a continuity test with DMM.
Got a limiting resistor?
Got the anode and cathode correct way round?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

MikeH

Quote from: 23 on May 11, 2009, 04:52:46 PM
I just need a little freakin help, jeez, sometimes its like pulling teeth on here... seems some people get high and mighty ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People here aren't getting "high and mighty"- maybe they just don't understand your question.  Personally, I sort-of feel if you're able to put together that entire screamer lab, you ought to be able to figure out how to wire an led, and if you can't I probably just don't understand what you're asking.  It just doesn't add up.  That's why people aren't answering your question.  It's like saying "I just rebuilt the engine in my car, and I can't figure out where to put the oil..."

But in case I'm wrong.  Center pole of the switch connects to ground. then connect the proper outer pole the negative (flat) side of the led, connect the other end to a resistor (I can't stress how important this part is, and if you've forgot to, this is most likely your problem) and then to 9v+
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

cpnyc23

whoa.  i think you need to walk away from the project and clear your head.

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

svstee

Did all the LED's you tried come from the same batch? If so, have any LED's from said batch worked for you in the past? Try just the LED (and a resistor) with a battery. All I got, sorry.

Andi

Quote from: MikeH on May 11, 2009, 05:49:10 PMPeople here aren't getting "high and mighty"- maybe they just don't understand your question.

Ayup. It's something to do with an LED but I have no idea what. Presumably this makes me high and mighty. I've always fancied being high and mighty.

trendyironicname

..i just wanna be high..
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

MoltenVoltage

MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

KorovaMilkBar

Quote from: trendyironicname on May 11, 2009, 06:37:53 PM
..i just wanna be high..

(cue "i wanna get high" by cypress hill)

oh whatcha miss this?/ you got ta bare witness/
catcha ho, and anotha ho/ MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

:icon_cool:

sorry for the out burst Im having some other problems at this time and things are starting to get destructive........ thanks everyone

you know how things can be if you look to hard or life begins to bear down on the psych and meds stop working etc etc etc

reel me out then cut the string