overdub pedal!?!?

Started by Sir_Ian, May 20, 2009, 04:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

QuoteThe good thing about digital effects is that the clock is often a very high frequency such that sum and difference are often well out of hearing range.

I wonder if it would drive a dog crazy, though. Or if it would clear out all of the insects in the general vicinity?  :icon_mrgreen:

Mark Hammer

...or open up every garage door in the neighbourhood? :icon_wink:

Sir_Ian

I like the idea of eq shaping each delay differently. It's funny, but it seems like everyone here has thought about this, but nobody has actually done it. I would of thought that at least one person would have said, yea, "I do something like that, and this is how I do it." I guess that everybody who has thought about has also had the same thought I'm having now which is "maybe this is more trouble than its worth."

Anyways...great ideas...thanks.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Mark Hammer

I thik the reason why lots have thought about it but not done it is because that sort of nuance is generally lost on the beer-cup-in-hand crowd.  I'm not dissing them, just making note of the reality that the subtleties may simply be inaudible in the average club gig.  And as for the recording studio, I think most would prefer the nuance that true overdubs provides, and that modern recording technology makes so damn easy.

I'm not pooh-poohing your idea, just explaining why you can't simply walk into a place and buy one of these imaginary beasts right now despite a universe of other gadgets.  On the other hand, maybe someof our friends here who are more acquainted with the digital side have a word to say about that assumption on my part.  E.g., what about these assorted TC and Eventide floor pedals, or the various Digitech harmonizers?